As of this week InvestFourMore now has a brand new discussion forum for real estate investing, flipping, being a real estate agent or anything you want to talk about. We had a forum in the past, but the software was not very user friendly. We have fixed all the problems in the old forum, made it more pleasant to look at and I am going to encourage use by offering prizes!
Why would you use a real estate forum?
Many sites use a discussion forum to allow users to interact with each other or find information. You can comment on my blog articles and I respond to almost every comment, but readers besides myself rarely comment on other comments. On articles like the owner occupants guide to purchasing HUD homes it is tough to sift through over 250 comments! The forum allows users to ask questions, post success stories and learn from investors besides me.
I also will post interesting things going on in my life and the real estate world on the forum. There is a lot happening that is not discussed in articles. I discuss many things on Facebook, but the forum will be another outlet and hopefully will encourage more discussion.
You will also be allowed to create signatures for your profile on the forum. You can include a link to your website if you want to in your signature, which is a great way to gain traffic to your own site if you post relevant and useful information. One of the best ways I promoted InvestFourMore when it first started was by using forums to show people I knew a little something about real estate. Commenting on blogs was also a great way to get some traffic when I started.
What can you discuss on the InvestFourMore forums?
Obviously you can talk about anything to do with real estate. I am very open about discussing my rental properties and fix and flips. There are many people with different strategies than me, making a lot of money in real estate. It is fun to see different strategies and how different people have become successful. Here are a few other ideas for things you could post in the forums:
- Deal analysis: Do you need some opinions on if a house in your area is a good deal?
- Investor terms: It is not easy figuring out what every acronym and term means in the investing world. I did not know half of them when I started researching real estate investing online.
- Success stories: Did you find a great deal? Flip your first house? Wholesale a property? Let us know about it!
- Goals and goals tracking: One of the reasons I have been successful is because I make goals and I don’t forget about them! Writing articles about my goals and being held accountable is one of the best ways for me to keep on track. A forum will let you post goals and be held accountable for the actions you need to take to accomplish them.
- Where to start? Many people have no idea how to actually start investing in real estate. Tell us where you are in your life, what you want to accomplish and what you have done so far. Maybe you can get some encouragement or insight on what to do next.
- Help others: The forum is also a great way to help other investors with your knowledge or experience.
- Off topic: We have an off topic section for anything that is not real estate related. Cars are a great subject for me! Starting a business, managing time with a family and a job, dealing with stress, gas prices or whatever else is interesting. Please don’t post anything that you have to be 18 years or older to read or see!
What kind of prizes will I be offering?
It is not easy to get a discussion forum started; we all have busy lives. However, I think the forum can be a great resource and very beneficial to many readers including me. To get the forum off to a great start I am going to offer a number of prizes for those that contribute the most to the forum.
First place: First place will be a free copy of My Complete Blueprint to Successful Real Estate Investing including the hard copy materials, coaching calls and four CDs. First place will be given to the person who contributes the most to the forums. That does not mean the most posts, or the most words, but could be. First prize will be completely decided by me and subjective based on my opinion.
Second place: Second place will be a $100 gift card to Amazon. This prize will go to the person who I think is the second best contributor. It will be based on a number of factors just like first place, including post count and quality of posts. I don’t want to make just post counts the only category, because I want quality, not just quantity. If there are a bunch of useless posts just to drive up your post count they will be deleted and it will hurt your chances!
Third place: Third place will get $50 to spend in the InvestFourMore Store however you like. This again will based solely on my discretion.
Consolation prizes: The top 25 posters in the forum will get a free eBook from the InvestFourMore store. Pick any book you want and it is yours for free! This will be based solely on the number of posts you have.
How long will the contest last?
The contest will take place over the next two weeks starting today. No one from my family or that works with me will be eligible to win a prize.
How can you join the forum?
The forum is super easy to join. We set it up so that you can register on InvestFourMore with an email address and a few other items, or simply use your Twitter or Facebook account to register. You can add a profile picture, a signature and there are many cool features will be experimenting with to make the forum as fun as possible.